How do I sign up for a free trial?
Contact us by email email@example.com or call us on 01727 751613. You will then be emailed full information and receive a registration form and welcome pack.
How do I pay for a term of classes?
Find out full information about fees and how to pay on our TERM FEES PAGE
- Where two or more siblings attend class, the youngest sibling will receive a £10 sibling discount on all classes. The discount will commence at the start of the next term providing at least two siblings are still present.
- In the event the eldest sibling leaves during a term, the discount will not apply at the start of the next term if only one sibling remains.
All students are required to purchase a Living the Dream t-shirt which costs £10. This can be done at classes and if we don’t have the size/colour you want we can order this for you. We have branded merchandise available for sale age 5 to adult including hoodies, joggers, hats, onesies and phone/i-pod/i-pad cases. See merchandise HERE.
What kind of music will my child be dancing and performing to?
Our teachers use age appropriate popular music we know they love!
Who will be teaching the classes?
Our young lead teachers are professionally trained. We also have assistant teachers who are aged 15-18 and assist our lead teachers under supervision. We pride ourselves on creating training and development opportunities for carefully selected students who are interested in pursuing a career in the arts.
All of our teaching team have up to date DBS checks, full safeguarding training and there is always a qualified first-aider on site.
What should my child wear to classes?
We prefer students to wear Living the Dream t-shirts to all classes. We would suggest that students also wear comfortable joggers or leggings and trainers or bare feet. Those attending contemporary dance classes can wear a leotard with tights/leggings under their dancewear.
What should my child bring to classes?
For classes, your child should bring a healthy snack and water. Please do not give your child sweets, fizzy drinks or food containing nuts to bring to our sessions.
Can I stay to watch my child in his/her class?
Parents can come back a few minutes before the end to see what your child has been doing in class only at their free trial however we do not allow parents to watch our classes as we find it distracts the students and does not allow them to perform/concentrate to the whole of their ability. Any students aged 5-7 who may be nervous at the start of a free trial we will allow parents to stay for the warm up to allow the child to settle but then will be required to leave. We hold end of term shows for each class so that you can see what your child has been working on throughout the term.
Is there somewhere for me to wait with my other children whilst the class takes place?
Some of our venues have areas where you can wait during the if you need to – please contact us or ask the teacher for more information.
Will my child be working towards exams or competitions?
At Living the Dream we do not work towards any examinations, we encourage our students to have fun, grow in confidence and talent without this pressure. Our main focus is on working towards our many showcases and events throughout the year. We create an environment where those young people that just want to have fun, make friends and perform are able to do so and those that may wish to pursue a career in the arts and/or take exams or do competitions outside of Living the Dream are encouraged, supported and challenged.
We have launched two street dance crews to enter competitions which are invitation only, if you would like to discuss this please contact us.
What is street dance/contemporary dance/musical theatre?
Find out more information about the classes we offer on our class descriptions page.
Our hope for all our students is that they enjoy their classes and showcases, feel secure and have fun. Therefore, our behaviour policy ensures that all students must behave in an appropriate manner. If any student disrupts a session and/or is disrespectful to others, we will inform the parent/guardian. If this disruptive behaviour continues in classes after the parent/guardian has been informed, we will unfortunately have to ask the student to leave.
Collecting your child
If your child is collected from classes, and you have arranged for another adult to do this, you must inform the teacher, even on one-off occasions. If you are collecting your child from a class and are running late, please call us. A member of staff will always stay with the child until s/he is collected and after 15 minutes will contact the emergency contact numbers provided to ensure the child is collected. If you are happy for your child to travel to and from classes alone you must inform us.
Medical and behavioural conditions
You must let us know if your child has a medical and/or behavioural condition that we need to be aware of. You will need to send this information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org this information will be passed on to our teachers and we would like to assure you that this will remain confidential and we will endeavour to support your child’s needs in every way we can.
Policies and licences
Living the Dream has up to date Public Liability Insurance, policies for Health and Safety, Safe-guarding, Equal Opportunities and Risk Assessment. Our staff are all First Aid trained. We have also been awarded a ‘First Steps Quality Mark’ from Pro Action Hertfordshire, for our work with young people.
Fees, deposits and refunds
- All classes are payable per term in advance in one or two installments (three instalments for musical theatre). Only by prior agreement are weekly fees permitted.
- As our costs are fixed, fees remain payable in cases of absence. We are unable to offer reductions or refunds for sickness or holidays.
- Fees will only be pro rata when a student starts during a term.
- All courses are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class or workshop by Living the Dream and will not be issued for situations beyond our control.
- Termination will only be accepted when received by Living the Dream in writing.
- Fees include VAT.
- Fees are reviewed annually in January.
Should anyone have difficulty paying their fees please let us know. Contact us to make an arrangement in the strictest of confidence. You can also apply for a scholarship or bursary with our registered charity The Dream Foundation.
A register for each class is maintained by the teacher and records student attendance for the purposes of health and safety and security.
Health and Safety and Safeguarding
Living the Dream is committed to providing training in the performing arts in a safe and secure environment. Parents can be confident that our students’ health and safety will always be our main priority.
We have a duty of care to safeguard all children involved in Living the Dream activity from harm. All children have a right to protection and we will ensure the safety and protection of all children involved at any of our centres, events or productions through adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
- Physical contact may be necessary by members of the teaching faculty. If you have any concerns regarding this matter please contact us.
- Living the Dream takes photographs and videos at some of our classes, events and showcases to help promote our brand. The footage will be used solely to promote the activities of Living the Dream and will be held without limit of time. They may be used in printed and electronic form; and may appear in different publications (including websites, social media applications such as Facebook & Twitter, television, newspapers and large scale exhibition panels), within the UK.
- Students participate at their own risk and parents are obliged to inform Living the Dream and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions.
- Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Living the Dream can accept no liability for lost or damaged belongings although anything we do find will be placed in lost property.
- Living the Dream Performing Arts Ltd holds information about our customers to enable us to carry out our business as a performing arts organisation. This information includes the contact details you supply to us and may also include information on courses and student records.
- Living the Dream Performing Arts Ltd will not disclose your information to third parties. We may from time to time contact you individually about other carefully selected services we provide which we think will be of interest to you.
Copyright and Trademarks
- Living the Dream is a registered trademark® of the Living the Dream Performing Arts Ltd. The use or misuse of the trademarks or any other content of this publication, without prior written permission from Living the Dream, is strictly prohibited.
Will you invade my privacy?
No, we will never pass on your details to any other company or third party.